TCU vs. Baylor: Who To Bet
By: Jared Ramos
The Line: TCU -4, 53
The money is pouring in for Baylor right now, as TCU opened as six point favorites, but in recent days the line has dropped all the way to four. The reason for this? Robert Griffin. Plain and simple everyone is jumping on the Robert Griffin bandwagon, everyone but me, that is.
I look at Griffin as this year’s Denard Robinson. A guy that is flashy, wows fans, and after five weeks, everyone wants to give him the Heisman. There is no question he can play, he finished third in passer rating in the Big 12 last year and also added 635 yards rushing.
The thing to note here is how TCU has been unstoppable in the regular season. They finished 13-0 last season and have won 27 of their last 28 games. In that span they have played Baylor three times going 3-0 against the Bears and outscoring them 89-17.
- TCU has finished No.1 in the FBS in total defense each of the last three seasons
- TCU has not given up more than 19 points per game since 2004
- Baylor returns three players who caught 40 or more passes last season
- TCU returns only eight starters
- Baylor is coming off their first winning season since joining the Big 12
Prediction: TCU 21, Baylor 13. The Bears will keep this game close, but at the end of the day I have to go with TCU and their defense. The proof is in the pudding with them. Griffin will make some places, but ultimately he will come up short.